LAHAINA INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Located on the Hawaiian Island of Maui, Lahaina Intermediate School sits on the West side of the West Maui Mountains, just below Lahainaluna High School.
Established in 1978, Lahaina Intermediate School was opened to accommodate the large, and growing, number of students in the Lahaina area. An accrediteLAHd school by the Western Association of Schools, LIS is the only middle level school in the Lahainaluna Complex, which includes King Kamehameha III Elementary School, Princess Nahienaena Elementary and Lahainaluna High School.
Here at LIS we are focused on providing a safe and caring environment while supporting our middle school students as they grow and transition from the elementary level through their 8th grade year and prepare to move on to high school. We are happy to be involved with a number of programs that help us support our students:
- Through our Renaissance Program we recognize and reward those who strive for excellence with strong academics, positive behavior, and community involvement.
- We are a part of the Tribes Learning Communities, practicing the Tribes Agreements daily: Mutual Respect, Attentive Listening, Appreciation/No Put Downs, and Right to Pass.
- We have instituted a Laulima program to provide training in Social & Emotional Well-being, Mindfulness, and a get extra help with Math & Language Arts growth.
- Our STEMworks AFTERschool Program encourages students to explore a variety of activities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- The REACH Program offers organized sporting activities to both boys and girls in a variety of sports
Lahaina Intermediate School is full of wonderful, caring teachers and staff members and we are so proud of our hard-working students as well as all of the amazing support from our Lahaina community!
Find It Fast
Announcements: Things to Know About
If you are thinking of using bus transportation for your child, please go on infofinderi.com. To find out route information click on Hawaii, select Hawaii Department of Education, then, simply type in your address and it will give where your child would be picked up based on your address as well as pick up time.
Continous Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Hawaii State Department of education (HIDOE) and its schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, or disability in its programs and activities. Please direct inquiries regarding HIDOE nondiscrimination policies as follows:
ADA/Section 504 Inquiries
Krysti Sukia, ADA/504 Specialist
Title VI, Title IX, and other inquiries
Anne Marie Puglisi, Director
Civil Rights Compliance Office
Hawaii State Department of Education
P.O. Box 2360
Honolulu, Hawaii 96804
(808) 586-3322 or relay
The mission of Lahaina Intermediate School is to challenge and support students as they realize their full potential.